Don’t forget to have a look at the Location Map of the new Larnaca Airport Shelter Pets Scanning and Weighing Area.
Planning a trip with your pet? AEGEAN offers a range of travel options for your pets/animals; depending on their breed and size, they can travel in the cabin with you, be transported in the aircraft hold or transferred as cargo.
Pets in cabin
With the exception of specific breeds, only cats, dogs and ferrets (family of mammals: weasels, polecats, ermines and zibeline) can travel in the aircraft cabin with you.
Book here and Donate the Commission to Animal Shelters
Each passenger is allowed to travel with only one (1) pet in cabin, carried within a special box/container. The maximum permitted weight for a pet, combined with its container, is eight (8) kilos.
If you wish to travel with more pets, they must be of the same species, familiar with each other and carried within the same special box/container. They should also not exceed the maximum weight of eight (8) kilos (including their container).
In case you are traveling with an infant, you are not allowed to travel with a pet in cabin as well.
Special box/container for pets in cabin & seating on board
- Pets should be carried within a special box/container which is the passenger’s responsibility to provide.
- The container must not exceed 55cm length x 40cm height x 23cm width. For DH8-100, DH8-400 and ATR aircraft, the following maximum dimensions apply: 40cm length x 25cm height x 25cm width.
- If you do not have your own container, we will give you a disposable one (see below), available in domestic airports:
- The container should be leak-proof and pets must be kept there during the whole flight.
- If pets are kept in a soft bag, the bag may be partially open during the flight.
- Pet owners should ensure that pets have enough food and water for the whole flight, including possible transfer times, if applicable.
- Passengers traveling with a pet in cabin must be seated on any window seat, not in the first row or the emergency exit row and the adjacent ones.
- The container must be placed under the seat in front of the passenger.
- Pets may enter lounges but should await their onward journey in their special box/container.
Animals in aircraft hold
If you have a larger animal which exceeds the eight (8) kilos weight limit, then it should only be transported in the baggage hold compartment of the aircraft. Except for particular breeds, AEGEAN welcomes for transportation in the holds of Airbus 319, 320 and 321 aircraft only, all domesticated animals: Dogs, cats, ferrets, spiders and other invertebrates (except bees and crustaceans), tropical fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, rodents and rabbits.
Animals may not be accepted to be transported in the aircraft hold for a connecting time exceeding three (3) hours.
Animals intended for laboratory and scientific purposes shall not be accepted as well.
Note: For flights from/to Alexandria, the service for transporting animals in aircraft hold is not offered.
Special box/container for animals in aircraft hold
Passengers should have a correctly sized container for transporting larger animals in the aircraft hold.
The following requirements must be met:
- The container should be large enough that the animal can stand upright, turn and lie down in a natural manner.
- It should be clean, leak-proof, escape-proof and claw-proof.
- Pet owners should ensure that animals have enough food and water for the whole flight, including possible transfer times, if applicable.
- Food and drink containers must be covered, in order to avoid spills.
- The container must fit for air transportation and handling (feeding, watering, cleaning).
- It should be adequately ventilated on at least three (3) sides.
- The pet owner should remove the wheels in order for the container to be properly secured in the aircraft hold.
- The door hinge and locking pins must engage the container at least 1.6 cm.
The below visual displays the required specifications for dogs and cats container:
In general, the maximum number of pet/animals which may accompany the owner or an authorized person during a single flight shall not exceed five (5) (including other hold items such as baggage and special equipment).
Booking & charges
Pets/animals must be booked in advance, through the official digital channels of AEGEAN or through the AEGEAN Call Center. Online reservations can only be made for dogs, cats and ferrets. Reservations for all other accepted animals must be made through the AEGEAN Call Center.
Reservations for pets/animals are accepted on a priority basis as there is a limited number of pets/animals that are allowed to travel on each flight. To check availability, please call the AEGEAN Call Center before your trip.
The following charges apply for transportation:
Pet in cabin (up to 8 kg)
|Pets in Cabin
Animals in aircraft hold – medium (8kg – 25kg)
|Pets in Hold
Animals in aircraft hold – large (over 25kg)
|Pets in Hold
The information contained is believed to be true, but we have made no attempt to verify it.Please check with the relevant Organization.