(This Service is separate from the Pet Rescue Service)
What is a Flight Companion
Flight Companion by Flightparent.com is a paid flight companion service for pets. Your pet will fly with me to anywhere in the world. In addition to handling the flying process with your pet, I can get your loved one to and from the airport as well through my other services and contacts in various parts of the world.
If you need to relocate your Pet (Dog, Cat etc) from Cyprus (Larnaca Airport) to Athens or further into Europe, and cannot travel yourself or do not know where to start, I can help.
- Research airfares and make travel arrangements.
- Escort your Pet from the departure airport to the destination Airport.
- Source and supply if required the IATA Approved Pet Carrier.
- Deal with the Airport check-in.
- Carry Accessories onboard luggage.
- In Cabin or In Hold Option. (Airline dependent)
- Provide you with live Updates in Transfer Airports (optional)
- Assist with Paperwork.
How does it work?
You need to relocate your Pet but cannot fly due to work or other reasons?
- Your Pets needs to be travel ready, meaning must have ALL the necessary documentation like EU PET PASSPORT, TRACES if necessary. Your VET will be able to inform you which Paperwork your Pet will need depending on which Country he/she will fly to.
- We will meet at the departing Airport (Larnaka). Pick Up from your Home is possible , but an extra Service and Charge will apply.
- IATA Approved Crate must be either supplied by you or we can rent you one.Information on Crate Sizes can be found here.. If I supply the Crate, you will need to arrange at the Destination Airport a Transfer Crate so that ours can come back with me again.
- I will handle ALL Check In Procedures incl. supplying fresh Water after Security check and double checking and securing Crate Doors with Cable Ties.
- If there is a Transit Airport (i.e. Athens) I will provide if possible photographic proof of Transfer into the next Airplane.
- At the Destination Airport I will receive the Crates at the Special Baggage Counter and deal with Customs If required and meet up with the Collection Party.
I can also arrange further travel to the destination HOME either with myself (taxi or pet transport company) or arrange a PET TRANSPORT such as Fellnasentaxi.de (in Germany), or 101 Pet Express (UK)
What are your approximate Costs?
That depends very much to where your Pet needs to go.My Airline Ticket will probably be the biggest expense but I have some experience in searching for the best deals available. Accommodation for 1 Night at the Destination Airport. (Again, I get special Prices at some Frequent Traveler Hotels)
Transport to and from Airport, and a general Service Charge. All Expenses will be provided with a non binding quotation , once I know the exact Route to take.
Please drop me a line to find or more or to tell me which Service from where to where you require.
Pet Flight Companion F.A.Q.'s
I can escort your pet via pre-arranged ground transportation, and a surcharge will apply. The surcharge is € 25.00/hr, plus the fare for the particular ground transportation requested by the customer (taxi, limousine, shuttle). This Service needs to be booked in Advance.
I can escort just about any pet allowed by the airline.
Texts or emails will be sent during the journey. If possible and time permitting I will send Photos as well.
You will need to supply all of the food and medicine that the pet will require during the flight. (Feed your pet at least 5 hours in advance of travel and avoid water for your pet within 1 hour of the flight)
Also Absorbent Tissue Paper for the Pet Carrier is recommended.
If your pet is booked as In Cabin it will be directly under the seat in front of the escort. This ensures that your pet will be as close, visible, and safe as possible.
If your pet is booked as In HOLD it will be in the specially adjusted Freight Compartment of the Aircraft.(Not all Airlines will take Pets in Cargo!)
You may supply your own pet carrier, but pets must be carried inside an approved in-cabin kennel. The pet must be able to move comfortably (stand up and turn around) in the kennel. Also, the kennel must fit completely under the seat forward.
The size of the kennel depends on the aircraft under-seat dimensions. Contact us for more detailed information.
Your pet may have to go through a metal detector but metal detectors are harmless to pets because they do not emit x-rays.
As an Escort various procedures in various Airport.
It is highly recommended that animals are not exposed to x-ray machines at airports. Your pet will never be taken through an x-ray machine. (Metal detectors do not emit x-rays and are harmless to pets.) Your pet will be subject to a hand search while in the care of the escort. However it is up to you – the owner- to decide for yourself.
The maximum weight or size pet depends upon aircraft and airline in which the pet flies. Contact me for more detailed information.
Most airlines do require a health certificate for carry-on pets, and the destination Country will require the same. Please call your vet for details. In most case an EU Pet Passport is sufficient. In some cases and to some Countries “Traces” is also required.
If a certificate is required, it must be issued by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of travel & include the following:
• The name and address of the pet’s “person”
• Any tag numbers or tattoos assigned to the pet
• The age of the pet
• A statement that the pet is in good health
• A list of administered inoculations
• The signature of the veterinarian issuing the health certificate
The date of the certificate. It must be noted on the health certificate if the pet is pregnant. An animal’s natural ability to balance and maintain equilibrium is altered under sedation. Increased altitude pressures can create respiratory and cardiovascular problems for dogs and cats that are sedated or tranquilized. Brachycephalic or snub-nosed dogs and snub-nosed cats are especially affected and are not accepted by most airlines.