If you would like to travel with a pet: cat or dog, Lot Polish Airlines offers you such option. The place of travel – in the cabin or in the cargo hold – depends on its weight and size.
For your and other passengers’ comfort we can only take a limited number of pets in the cabin, so please make a reservation for your pet as soon as possible by telephone through lot Contact Center (+48 22 577 77 55).
We advise you to do so at the latest within 24 hours after you have booked your ticket, but at least 24 hours before departure. Please contact our Consultant. In Contact Center you can also confirm the possibility to take a pet on a given flight.
There are three travel options of animals:
- in the cabin,
- in the baggage hold,
- in the baggage hold as cargo.
Please remember that travel option depends on weight and size of your pet as well as regulations of the country of destination.
In case of reaching the limit of the number of pets carried on a given flight – both in the cabin and as cargo – we reserve the right to refuse carriage of the pet (also includes the carriage of guide dogs and other ESAN pets (emotional support animal).
In order to ensure the comfort and safety of carried animals, we apply the standards of the International Air Transport Association (iata).
All custom questions will be considered individually. Please contact us through Contact Center or Facebook Fanpage.
Organizing the journey
You should prepare for traveling with a pet by remembering about following:
- Before booking a flight familiarize yourself with relevant regulations covering traveling with animals to the country of your destination as well as general rules of pets’ well-being. You can find such information for example in the embassies of each country.
- Prepare vaccination records (against rabies or distemper) and an up-to-date health certificate from a vet confirming compliance with the regulations of the country of departure, the country of destination and any transit airports.
- In case of flights within the European Union prepare special passport with description of color, race and sex of the pet together with a microchip number or tattoo (issued by a vet).
- When traveling to the United Kingdom, transport of animals is allowed only by cargo. For detailed information please contact our Cargo and Mail Bureau (+48 22 606 77 77).
- Pets must travel in suitable container, which dimensions depend on the travel option and aircraft type. Detailed information can be found in dedicated sections.
Below you will find some more tips:
- Few days before the flight get your pet used to its travel bag or kennel so that it will be easier for it to bear the journey.
- Before the journey attach to the side of the kennel a label with the name of your pet and instructions about feeding.
- The check-in process for pets may take longer. We recommend arriving at the airport 3 hours before your scheduled departure time.
- Don’t give any food nor water at least a couple of hours before departure and walk your pet just before.
- Before departure give small amount of water.
- To ensure safety of your pet, place the leash and muzzle outside the transporter or in your hand baggage.
- Tranquilizing your pet should only be done in consultation with a veterinarian.
- Detailed information about the conditions of carriage and fees are available in our Contact Center (+48 22 577 77 55), in booking and sales offices or at our agents’ offices.
Pets in the cabin
During the whole journey the cabin your pet must be transported in a special container (travel bag or kennel) appropriate to its weight and size*. The total weight of pet and travel bag or kennel cannot exceed 8 kg.
If you travel with a pet in the cabin we cannot allocate you in the first row (in case of Boeing 787 it concerns the first row of each service class, whilst in case of other aircraft types it is the first row of lot Business Class) as it is related to safety regulations.
Acceptable container dimensions:
- for B787, B737: 55/40/20 cm* or
- for DH4, E70, E75, E95: 45/30/20 cm*
Remember that during the whole flight your pet must stay in the container, while during take-off, landing and in case of turbulence the container must be placed under the seat in front of you.
Guide dogs and other service dogs
Guide dogs (seeing-eye/ hearing, assisting dogs) are accepted free of charge in the passenger cabin when accompanying a passenger with a disability. Weight and size limitation do not apply and the animal need not to be caged. The dog should be on a lead , but not wear a muzzle. However the person traveling with the guide dog should have a muzzle with oneself.
Pets in the baggage hold
If you carry a pet as checked baggage make sure it has comfortable conditions. The container should comply with the requirements of International Air Transport Association (IATA) Live Animals Regulations.
Remember that the pet container have to be:
- large enough in order to allow the animal to move freely and be able to stand, turn and lie down,
- clean, tight and securely closed and the bottom has to be lined with absorbent from inside,
- labelled with a relevant sticker and appropriate instructions (concerning the way of handling the animal),
- equipped with a water and feed container,
- ventilated on at least three sides,
- made of fiberglass, metal, rigid plastics, weld metal mesh, solid wood or plywood, without any wheels attached (if they are, please remove them while check-in),
- Note! Containers cannot be made entirely of welded mesh or wire mesh. Such containers are not suitable for air transport.
Please, note that if the container is too small or does not comply with above IATA requirements we reserve the right to refuse to transport the pet at check-in.
Charges for transportation of animals
Animals are not included in the free baggage allowance. The level of the charge is based on the size and weight of the pet together with a container (bag or kennel).
|Europe/Middle East Flights
|Small pet in the cabin (PETC)
|up to 8 kg
|Pet as checked baggage (AVIH)
In case of domestic flights there is an extra charge 8% VAT. Prices shown in the table do not include service charge, which may vary depending on the place where the service is ordered.
Note! Above price list does not apply to animal carriage as cargo hold.
Animals as cargo in the baggage hold
If you carry an animal as cargo in the baggage hold, remember it should have:
- up-to-date vaccination records (against rabies),
- up-to-date veterinary health certificates, (clinical examination, de-worming, de-ticking) taking into account the regulations of the country of departure, the country of destination and any transit airports (issued max. 48 hours before departure)*,
- special passport (issued by a vet) with description of color, race and sex of the animal together with a microchip number or tattoo,
- microchip implant,
- suitable container.
It is only allowed to carry animals at age of minimum 3 months and when at least 21 days passed since the last important vaccination against rabies.
Remember that a telephone reservation is required at least 4-7 days before departure: +48 22606 77 77 or +48 22 606 80 88.
The carriage of animals as cargo in the baggage hold is subject to the same requirements relating to the container as in the case of animals carried in the baggage hold (i.e. as checked baggage).
Charges for carriage of animals as cargo in the baggage hold
We charge only fees for the air carriage of an animal in the baggage hold (carriage fee) and do not provide forwarding services. The ticket price for the animal depends on the size of the container, in which the animal will be transported, the weight of the animal together with the container and the route. The carriage of an animal as cargo in the baggage hold is available as a service only directly in our Cargo and Mail Bureau. Irrespective of fees imposed by us remember that you are obliged to pay additional fees relating to terminal, veterinary, customs and other services that are imposed by entities not related to us (lot Polish Airlines).
We will do our best to notify you about additional fees that are not directly related to the carriage of an animal at the time of purchase of cargo carriage service for animals.
Possibility of importing accompanying animals from third countries for non-commercial purposes
Import of animals from third countries for commercial purposes
Guide dogs and other
Guide dogs (seeing-eye/ hearing, assisting dogs) are accepted free of charge in the passenger cabin when accompanying a passenger with a disability. Weight and size limitation do not apply and the animal need not to be caged. The dog should be on a leash, but not wear a muzzle. However, the person traveling with the guide dog or emotional support dog should have a muzzle with oneself.
For flights to/from the USA, there is also the option of transporting an ESAN dog (emotional support animal) in the aircraft cabin free of charge. For this type of service doctor’s confirmation is required.
For your and other passengers’ comfort we can only take a limited number of pets in the cabin, so please make a reservation for your pet as soon as possible by telephone through Contact Center (+48 22 577 77 55).
We advise you to do so at the latest within 24 hours after you have booked your ticket, but at least 48 hours before departure. Please contact our Consultant. In Contact Center you can also confirm the possibility to take a pet on a given flight.
N.B. Flights from Larnaca Airport to Germany and other EU Countries usually go via Warsaw. Please allow Transit Time.
The information contained is believed to be true, but we have made no attempt to verify it.Please check with the relevant Organization.